PREP TIME: Overnight. SERVINGS: 10-12
For a snack or elegant canape, these pear crisps are something completely different.
UKF Brie or Gouda Fauxmage x 2
AP Wild Irish Elderberry Syrup
2 pears, thinly sliced
Fresh Thyme, chopped
Sea Salt & Pink Pepper Corns
Handful Maple Spiced Nuts, chopped (See recipe)
1. Heat the the oven to 120-150ºC and arrange pear slices on a couple of trays covered with baking sheets and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt.
2. Bake for 20 -30 minutes, checking on progress - should be turning golden - and turn tray to ensure evenly baked and crisping.
3. Turn off oven and leave to cool 30 minutes to crisp up and dry out.
4. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
5. To serve, place slices of cheese on top of each pear crisp, drizzle with syrup, sprinkle with peppercorns, chopped thyme, and maple nuts.