PREP TIME: 45 mins to overnight. SERVINGS: Multiple
All the crunch and salty tang of traditional or vegetable crisps, but without the fat or sugar.
AP Muhammara Dip
8 Beets, medium, peeled Olive Oil
Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley & Mint
1. Preheat oven to 150 C
2. Thinly slice beets with a mandoline and line a couple of oven trays with baking sheets.
3. In a large bowl, toss beet slices with 2 tablespoons of oil and coat evenly.
4. Arrange as many slices as you can without overlapping and bake until crisp - 25-30 minutes – checking to ensure baking evenly and turning tray.
5. Repeat until all beets are baked and leave to cool on wire racks for at least a few hours or overnight to fully crisp up.
6. Season cooled crisps with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with Muhammara dip in small dish topped with chopped parsley, mint, and lemon zest.